Monday, December 12, 2011

Enchanted Visions Project - Circe Painting Complete!

"Circe - Keeper of the Golden Fleece" acrylic on linen canvas 9 x 24 cm
So! Here she is - my acrylic painting of the greek goddess Circe, who is the daughter of the sun god Helios and keeper of the Golden Fleece.
Though I know she plays an interesting part in The Odyssey - I chose to paint a close up with one feature which had a meaning to me - which was the fleece do to stories when I was a child.

I hope you all like her!
Oh, and Happy monday :P

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. what a nice painting, I especially like the way in which you composed the piece and the lovely face painting. I maybe would've sofened or made her hands a bit more graceful somehow.. but as it stands, the finish is beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks edward! i am glad you like it ^^
    hands and i are still coming to terms hehe, i will try on my next piece to make them perhaps not so harsh :P luckily i wont be painting on a linen canvas again anytime soon lol - so so grainy this one!
    but thanks for the wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete